29.11 - 01.12.19

City Kino Wedding &
Centre Français de Berlin

The furora film festival

is a festival for film makers.

Regardless of wheter student,

alumnus or young professional:

The furora film festival is a platform

 for all those, who start out on

their career and want to do networking.

SUPPORT

We would like to thank all supporters!

We could not organize Furora without your donation.

>> to the Crowdfunding

FESTIVAL

Furora is an international festival focused on women* who work in the film industry.
As a platform, the Furora Film Festival provides female* filmmakers, especially the ones whose careers are still in the beginning, a chance and an environment to build a network.

BACKGROUND

APPROACH

As in most other fields, women* in the film industry also have to struggle with different forms of discrimination. According to a study by the German institute Filmförderanstalt, half of the film school graduates are female, but only 10% get  fundings. The remaining 90% goes to their male colleagues. Women* in the film industry, especially in the key positions, are clearly underrepresented. Only every 5th German movie that is shown at the cinema was shot by a female* director. It’s quite clear that these circumstances make it very difficult for female* film school graduates to assert themselves in the motion picture industry.

In order to make that easier for female filmmakers, we have to create platforms where they can show their work at the very beginning of their career. On the other hand, we need to open a space where women* can build up a network. In this way, they can appear as a unity and their demands get more attention. Our festival pursues these two approaches. No other film festival in Germany shows exclusively films made by female* students and beginners. With the Furora Film Festival, we aim to improve the self-awareness of new female* film makers. At the same time, we want to create a space for networking among women*.

promote

equal rights

raise

visibility

enable

networking

We must

campaign together

for equal rights

for women*.

We enable

young female*

film marks

to show their work.

We bring

experienced film makers

and beginners

together.

increase

self-confidence

fostering

the offspring

create

safer spaces

We create space for exchange of experiences and professional development.

We make it possible

for young people

to experience an insight

in the film industry.

We create safer spaces

where we interact careful

by being aware.

TEAM

We are people with different backgrounds and experiences who developed the concept and organize the Furora Film Festival.

 

The organisation is divided into different responsibility areas.

LETÍCIA DA ROSA

MARINA VOLPATTO

ELINA FOTEINOU

programme coordination

programme

programme

HAIVU DOAN

NURIA RUFER

JOSEFA MARXHAUSEN

fundings and administration

finance

cooperations

JONAS FRIEDRICH

NINA GRABOWSKI

MATHILDA SCHILLER

project assistance

public relations

social media

info@furorafestival.de

CONTACT

Furora Film Festival

 

FIBRA Frauenverein e.V.

Gotenstr. 77

10829 Berlin

 

info@furorafestival.de

IMPRINT

DATA PRIVACY

@furorafilmfestival

FESTIVAL

2018

TEAM

CONTACT

DE

EN