7th and 8th Dezember 2018

City Kino Wedding &
Centre Français de Berlin

The furora film festival is a festival for film makers. Regardless of wheter student, alumnus or young professional: The furora film festival is a platform for all those, who start out on their career and want to do do networking.

IMPRESSIONS

1. Furora Film Festival

BACKGROUND

As in most other fields, women* also in the film industry have to struggle with different forms of discrimination. According to a study by the German institute for film funding (Filmförderanstalt) half of the film school graduates are female but only get 10% of the funding. The remaining 90% go to their male colleagues.

Women* in the film industry, especially in the key positions, are clearly underrepresented. Only every 5th German movie that is shown at the cinema was shot by a female director.

It’s quite clear that these circumstances make it very difficult for female* film school graduates to assert themselves in the motion picture industry.

APPROACH

In order to make that easier for female filmmakers, we have to create platforms where they can show their work at the very beginning of their career. On the other hand, we need to open a space where women* can build up a network. In this way, they can appear as a unity and their demands get more attention.

 

Our festival pursues these two approaches. No other film festival in germany shows exclusively films made by female* students and beginners. With the furora film festival we aim to improve the self-awareness of new female* film makers. At the same time, we want to create a space for networking among women*.

SUSTAINABILITY

In order to build up sustainable structures, we founded an organisation,
the FIBRA Frauenverein e.V. to organize networking events.

OUR VISION

Promote
equal rights!

Raise
visibility!

Enable
Networking!

Increse
self-confidence

We must 
campaign together

for equal rights
for women!

We enable young female* film makers

to show their work.

We bring experienced film makers and beginners together.

We create spaces for exchange of experiences and professional development.

TEAM

Seven people with different backgrounds and experiences
developed the concept and organize the Furora Film Festival.
The organisation is divided into different responsibility areas.

Volunteers will support the team during the festival time.

LETÍCIA

MATEA

JOSEFA

PROGRAMME DIRECTOR

leticia@furorafestival.de

PROGRAMME ASSISTANCE

& CURATION SHORTS

matea@furorafestival.de

NINA

HAIVU

JONAS

NURIA

PUBLIC RELATIONS

nina@furorafestival.de

FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION

EVENTMANAGEMENT

jonas@furorafestival.de

PROJECT ASSISTANCE

nuria@furorafestival.de

haivu@furorafestival.de

PROGRAMME

FRIDAY
7th Decembre 2018

SATURDAY,
8th Decembre 2018

>> speed dating brunch

     with "Women's Film Network

     Berlin" and "La Vie en Toast"

     11:00 - 13:00 o'clock

TICKETS

>> workshop tickets

PRESS

You'll find all important press materials to download here. If you need further information or press images, you're welcome to contact Nina Grabowski at nina@furorafestival.de.

CONTACT

Furora Film Festival

 

City Kino Wedding & Centre Français de Berlin

Müllerstraße 74

13349 Berlin

 

connection: U6, U-Rehberge

AFFILIATE

Nadine Scherer

Design & Illustration

www.nadinescherer.de

Instagram: xnadineschererx

Asja Trost

Trailer

Instagram: plastic.mountain

Thanks to all crowdfunding-supporters* who made this project possible!

 

Thomas Pasolin Beltrame

Annabel Bursy

Niels Engelgeer

Sonja Franzke

Camila Gonzatto da Silva

Florian Hoffmann

Heike Kreßler

Lucas Moesch

Junia Matsuura

Rosa Ribeiro

Osvaldo Ribeiro

 

+ More

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

FESTIVAL

TEAM

PROGRAMME

TICKETS

PRESS

CONTACT

DE

EN